It's Where You Want to Be.
Tennaqua is a family-oriented swim and racquet club offering extensive competitive and social swim, tennis and paddle programs at many skill levels for adults, juniors and children. The social aspect of the club rounds out an exceptional family experience.
Tennaqua is a member-run, private equity club that operates year-round. Our membership is limited to 300 families who come from seven different ZIP codes in surrounding communities and span generations.
Nestled into a cozy corner of Deerfield at the end of a private lane, Tennaqua is a hidden gem. Not widely known nor easily stumbled upon, Tennaqua is truly a treasure to those who have discovered all that it has to offer.
Become a Member
To find out how to join Tennaqua or to learn more about what we have to offer your family, please contact our Membership Director:
Top 10 Fast Facts
- Tennaqua began in 1958 with 255 members, and we still have two original members.
- Past and present members include Olympic diving athletes, National Champion paddle players and NCAA Division I tennis players.
- Most new members have young families with kids in the 6- to 12-year old range, but more than one-third of our members have belonged for over 25 years and are empty nesters.
- Our tennis program and Pro Shop are run by Andy and Gretchen Moffat, who have been with Tennaqua for more than 25 years.
- Tennaqua boasts the largest and, in our humble opinion, the best junior and senior high competitive tennis leagues in the area.
- Tennaqua's courts have welcomed many tennis legends including Roy Emerson, Illy Nastase, Dave Wheaton and Brian Gotfried.
- Platform tennis (paddle) is the fastest growing sport in the United States and makes Tennaqua a year-round club. The paddle program is run by our paddle pro, Bjorn Bernhardtz, and the year-round Paddle Lodge (perfect for parties) was built in 2008.
- Members have many opportunities to get in the Olympic-sized pool: swim team, dive team, water polo, swim lessons, designated adult swim hours or just a cool relaxing dip. The aquatics program is run by Melissa Hassenhuetl, a former collegiate swimmer, who has been with Tennaqua for nearly a decade.
- Tennaqua's zero-depth baby pool for the little ones was newly built in 2006.
- A new and flexible full-time or drop-in kids club called Explorers provides working and non-working parents a place for their kids to enjoy Tennaqua under the supervision of long-time Deerfield Park District and Holy Cross After School Director Connie Jurewicz.